2015 add: Host family - room, furniture and roommate

You are going to Great Britain as an exchange student, and the college is going to place you with a host family. Trying to arrange convenient accommodation for you, the college international office asked about your likes and dislikes. Write a letter to Mr. Brown, a coordinator of the college international office, and say

  • what kind of room you would find comfortable
  • what pieces of furniture and facilities are absolutely essential for you
  • what kind of roommate you would like to share the room with

Write a letter of at least 100 words. Do not use any personal information (e.g., names, dates, addresses, etc). Start your letter in an appropriate way.

Зразок написання власного висловлення

Dear Mr. Brown,

I am writing to you to find out some details of my stay with a host family and give you some information about myself.

To begin with I would appreciate if the room I will live in is rather spacious and light. It will be great if it has a balcony and commands a wonderful view of a garden or a flowerbed.

In terms of furniture, I will be glad to have a comfortable writing table with a reading lamp, a few bookshelves, a single bed with a bedside table, and a wardrobe to keep my clothes. I find it important to have a personal computer, as it will be much easier for me to get ready for my classes, as well as some sports facilities to do some exercise in my free time.

As for my roommate, I would like her to be easy-going, friendly, sociable and sincere. I also like intelligent people with a good sense of humour. Her being cheerful, polite, and well-bred will be also essential for me.

I hope this information will be useful to you. 

I look forward to meeting you. 

Yours faithfully,
Maria Lisova

Коментарі

Популярні дописи з цього блогу

Special Introductory Verbs

Focus 3. Unit 6. Resources 31-36

Listening: Friends