2016 add: studying abroad - expectation; +/-; how to?

You have taken part in academic exchange programme and won a grant to study abroad. Write a letter to your English pen-friend in which you

  • inform him/her about the news and tell him/her about your expectations
  • mention at least one advantage and one disadvantage of studying abroad
  • describe how you prepare yourself for studying in a foreign country

Write a letter of at least 100 words. Do not use your real name or any personal information. Start your letter in --------------------------------------------------

Dear Jenny,

How are you? I hope you’re very well. I’ve got so much to tell you that I don’t know where to begin!

First of all, I am eager to share great news with you. I can’t find proper words to describe my feelings about my winning a grant to study at the University of London. Actually, I’m on cloud nine, and can hardly wait when I go there. I hope to acquire profound knowledge and practical skills at this famous education establishment.

Moreover, I’m sure I’ll broaden my horizons, make new friends and certainly, improve my English there. But on the downs side, I will have to make a break from a familiar set of things, my family, and friends. You see, when I live far away from home for a long time, I feel so homesick.

To tell you the truth, I’m not very good at time management, so at present I’m learning to allocate my time properly, as well as to budget my money. In addition, I try to follow the rule to do in Rome as Romans do; therefore, I’m learning more about the culture of the country I’ll stay at for the forthcoming year.

That’s all my news. Send my best regards to your family. I’m looking forward to meeting you soon.

Lots of love,
Mary

Коментарі

Популярні дописи з цього блогу

Special Introductory Verbs

Focus 3. Unit 6. Resources 31-36

Listening: Friends