2016 main: travel - arrival; appearance; activities

 You are going to spend a week in London. You are planning to travel on a tiny budget and don’t have many connections in Britain. Your English pen-friend has agreed to meet you at the airport and help with getting around London. Write a letter to your pen-friend in which you

  • give the details of your arrival in Britain
  • say what you look like to be recognized
  • explain what you would like to do and see in London

Write a letter of at least 100 words. Do not use your real name or any personal information.

Start your letter in an appropriate way.

---------------------------------------------

Dear Sally,

Thanks a lot for dropping me a line. I was really over the moon when I saw your letter. It’s great that you are fine. I’m so grateful to you that you have agreed to meet me at the airport and help me during my stay in London. 

In my last letter to you I wrote that I was flying to London on the 12th of July. My flight details are BA631 which lands at 2.45 in the afternoon at Heathrow.

I hope you will easily recognise me in the crowd. I’m a tallish, slim and slender girl in my late teens. I have abundant jet black hair swept back in a ponytail. As for my distinguishing features I have a beauty spot above my upper lip, and I wear glasses. I will be dressed in a sky blue jacket, a white t-shirt with a picture of the gold trident (the official coat of arms of Ukraine), blue jeans, and white tennis shoes. I will carry a read backpack and a dark brown suitcase.

I’m really looking forward to going on a sightseeing tour of London. I want to visit such famous landmarks as the British museum, the Tower of London and certainly Buckingham Palace. I’m also dreaming of a ride on the London Eye. In addition, I would also like to attend a British film festival that is taking place in London during my visit. I think it’s a good idea, as it will be an excellent opportunity to practise my English and to see films which might not be available at home.

Thank you again for your kind letter. I am looking forward to meeting you.

Best wishes,
Olena

Коментарі

Популярні дописи з цього блогу

Special Introductory Verbs

Focus 3. Unit 6. Resources 31-36

Listening: Friends