2015 main: Sport - take up; popular sport; do or watch sports?

 You have received a letter from your pen-friend in which he/she writes that he/she has been playing basketball for years. Now he/she has decided to start judo. Write him/her a letter in which you explain

  • whether you support his/her decision to take up one more kind of sport and why
  • what kinds of sport are popular with your friends
  • whether you do any sports or watch sports competitions on TV

Write a letter of at least 100 words. Do not use any personal information (e.g., names, dates, addresses, etc). Start your letter in an appropriate way.

-----------------------------------------------

Hi Daniel,

Thanks a lot for all your news. I’m glad that you are doing well. Things are very much as normal here.

I find it great that you have made up your mind to start doing an additional kind of sport. It’s a kind of another opportunity to keep your body fit and strong, to boost your immune system, and even self-confidence, and, a result, to maintain good health.

Nowadays being sound and in good shape is getting more and more popular with young people, and my friends are not an exception. Some of them are keen football players, and they do not miss a single chance to play their favourite game. Others are fond of jogging, cycling, and swimming. There are certainly those who are crazy about tennis or basketball, and play these games year-round. But some of my friends, as they say, prefer to train their brains and therefore play chess. 

I, for one, adore figure skating, and do my best to watch figure skating championships on TV. I am a kind of obsessed with yoga, so I try my hardest to do it regularly, as I do believe that regular exercise improves health and fitness.

It has been nice writing to you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,
Jane

Коментарі

Популярні дописи з цього блогу

Special Introductory Verbs

Focus 3. Unit 6. Resources 31-36

Listening: Friends