A Letter of Complaint


1) Complete the letter.
2) Define its type.
3) Make a short summary of the letter:
1. Who is writing and who is the addressee
2. What are the reasons for writing.
3. What are the main complains:  a)____________________________________
b)____________________________________
c)____________________________________
d)__________________________________

  I look forward to receiving a reply           Yours faithfully            Unfortunately                                
                     I am writing to                    Dear                   In addition to this                     
__________ Mrs Richards,
 ______________________inform you that I was very disappointed with my visit to your restaurant two days ago. I read your advertisement in the newspaper and decided to spend an evening there with my friend.___________________, I have a couple of complaints concerning this visit.
According to your advertisement the place is perfect for having private conversations in relaxing atmosphere. However, it turned out that the music was so loud that I could hardly concentrate on the chat with my friend. The waiter asked to turn the music down shrugged his shoulders and said that other guests liked it that way. Is that what you mean by 'discreet service'?
________________________, the place was crowded and waiting for an ordered meal was intolerably long. I must admit that the cuisine was quite good but the prices were way too high.
I would like you to take my points under consideration and I expect a refund from your restaurant. I trust you will give this matter immediate attention. ________________________________ from you.
_______________________,
Tom Collins

Make the letter informal.

Популярні дописи з цього блогу

Special Introductory Verbs

Focus 3. Unit 6. Resources 31-36

Listening: Friends