Informal letter-2014

ZNO 2014

You have received a letter from your pen-friend in which he/she complains that his/ her parents want him/her to read classical authors, while he/she is fond of fantasy. Write a letter to your pen-friend in which you tell him/her
  • whether your parents influence your choice of books to read
  • what is your favorite literary genre and why
  • where you usually get books you'd like to read

Write a letter of at least 100 words. Do not use any personal information (e. g., names dates, addresses, etc.). Start your letter in an appropriate way.


Dear John,
          It is sad to hear about your parents’ influence on your reading preferences. If they like
classical authors, it does not mean that you must be fond of reading them too. Try to talk and persuade them. They must understand you.
           As for me, my parents have never told me what to read or what music to listen to. They
always teach me to be independent and make any choice myself.
          Speaking about literature I must admit that my favourite genre is fantasy, too. I adore reading about events or places which cannot be seen in real life. Reading fantasy gives me enormous portion of ideas and emotions. It inspires me to be creative.
            Although there is one little problem. As usual, I borrow books from our school library,
but I have already read almost all of them, and nothing interesting is left there. So, I made up my mind to search for something fresh and exciting in the internet. Unfortunately, reading online turned out to be not so useful for my eyes. They get tired quickly.
          Maybe you have got some nice books. I would be grateful to you for those you liked
most of all and your reasons why. I am looking forward to your letter.
          Best wishes,
           Anna

Популярні дописи з цього блогу

Special Introductory Verbs

Focus 3. Unit 6. Resources 31-36

Listening: Friends